Friday, January 27, 2012

Sometimes Deletion is random....

Well, it has been a while since I have posted to this blog.... since 2008 to be exact. The other day when a friend and I were discussing blogs, I told her about mine. What I didn't realize is that I had set up two similar blogs.... my forgetfulness... Which led to my deleting one of the two. Of course... I deleted the most current blog page. Thus three plus years of writing was deleted. Oh well... here we go again. :)

Over the past several months, I have had several thoughts regarding change. Change can be good... As I have prayed through this 'feeling' of changes coming .... I continue to search. Not sure what the future holds or the changes that are in the wind, only that the overwhelming feeling is there. I DO know that God is in control, no matter what and am at peace with whatever He brings.

There are days that I wonder if the thoughts are geared toward, job change, location change, or just the changes that are happening in my family... such as my mother getting older and needing more care; my sister as she is the main caregiver for my mom and her health and strength to maintain the current rigorous schedule; my oldest son becoming engaged to the most wonderful Christian young lady; my youngest son and all of his activities during his Senior YEAR of high school.... my husband's job situation... All these thoughts creep into my mind throughout the day.

I am concerned, not worried, about my oldest son and the tests that they are running on him. Need to find out what is causing him to hurt over his entire body. Whether it is rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus or Gout..... it is treatable and God's "got this" as my little buddy Caleb says...

Then in the same breath, my youngest son, who in his 'young years' is much more mature than I was at his age. 17. He has chosen to 'do what it takes' to continue to live in the area that he is in and graduate from high school. He does not have either parent within 500 miles of him. Yet, he has his older brother that is there for him. He rooms with his brother which is awesome, and he works several jobs, maintains a "B" or higher on his report card, dives in to learning more of God's word (he and his big brother). Such a young man, with alot of responsibility on his shoulders... Again... "God's Got This".

Some people reading this blog may have thoughts such as "Why on earth would any parents allow their child to stay/live that far away at the age of 17? Make the child move in with one of the two of you..." Why indeed, because we know that he (my son) is in God's hands and watching out for him, that he is is continuing to seek God's will in all things and more mature than most 17 year old guys.

Granted, at 18 ... I thought I was old enough to get married and I did... So in a way, I was mature for my age.... Still wish I had waited to get married though - Ha.

Even amist the challenges in my life, I am reminded daily of how blessed I am to have friends that pray alongside me, that allow me to pray for them and listen when they need an ear to hear or a shoulder to cry on... truly blessed by God.

I could continue this blog, but I must get back to 'getting things done'! Have a blessed day.

No comments: