Thursday, October 2, 2008

"SALTY"....

"You are the salt of the earth. You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:13,14 NIV).

Information from my morning devotion..... I pray that I am 'salty' on a continual basis and that my words nor my actions will cause anyone to stumble... only my words and actions to spew what God's wants said... Please read below:

Salt is an effective healing agent. Gargling with salt water helps heal a sore throat, swimming in a salty sea helps heal a skinned knee, and fellowshipping with "salty" Christians helps heal wounded souls by introducing them to spiritual, mental and physical wellness afforded them through a relationship with Jehovah Rapha -- the One who heals.

The most common use of salt is to add flavor, and as Christians, we add flavor to our world. A gourmet cook once told me that salt not only gives food the salty flavor, but it also brings out the natural flavor of the food to which it is added. As Christians, we should bring out the best in other people.
-------------------------
I thank you God for bringing people in to my life that are prayer warriors, friends and 'salty'....

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I think you are salty!!